Tsuforum - Be Independent Online
tomppako

ad-blocker

I was wondering should we turn our ad-blockers off or put tsu.co to whitelist, so the ads on the site would show and generate more revenue to tsu?

I have always done that, tsu.co is on my whitelist and ad-blocking is disabled while I visit the site, but began to wonder if people actually do that or not and does it make any real difference?

I remember last winter seeing few posts about the topic (i.e turn off ad-blockers) but nothing since. Those posts were user made, not official tsu posts. If it helps it should be posted repeatedly and on howtotsu group also.

Tomppa

I turn it off for Tsu and a few other sites I like. With some ads the site gets paid if you just see them. Others need you to click them. I do click some ads on Tsu if they are interesting, but it rarely leads to me buying anything.

What I don't like are the video ads that slow things down, or even worse if they start playing audio. I wish I could just block those.

The Android app shows a full-screen ad now and again. Some of those have audio. A lot of the ads in the general stream in the app are very generic and just say 'Download!' without saying what they are for. I would never click those.

I'm mainly on Steemit. Check out WowApp for messaging that pays.

Definitely we should not use adblock on tsu if we want to see some revenue coming to the platform. I remember I've read something about this in www.tsu.co/terms but I can't find it now. Maybe it has changed over time. It was saying we should turn off ad-block on tsu.

That's probably the only website I have on whitelist :)

If you want to connect with me, use WowApp.