Tsuforum - Be Independent Online
NaturalRights

How Payments are Split up

I was just thinking. When you go on Tsu and scroll down 50 posts there might be 2 or 3 ads you see. I was just wondering if all those people split the earnings by the amount of posts that there are. So for example, let's say the cost to the advertiser is $5 per 1,000 Impressions. Your 1 view costs the advertiser $0.005 Do all the people's posts get split up by 50? In other words each person would only make $0.0001 and then multiply that by 45% as the content creators value according to the algoithim at Tsu and so each person only makes 0.000045 per post.

I was just thinking. When you go on Tsu and scroll down 50 posts there might be 2 or 3 ads you see. I was just wondering if all those people split the earnings by the amount of posts that there are. So for example, let's say the cost to the advertiser is $5 per 1,000 Impressions. Your 1 view costs the advertiser $0.005 Do all the people's posts get split up by 50? In other words each person would only make $0.0001 and then multiply that by 45% as the content creators value according to the algoithim at Tsu and so each person only makes 0.000045 per post.

I think the algorithm works like this:

• Every day, tsu puts all the advertising money into a pool - let's say, there is a pool of $10.000 today after tsu's 10% commision.
  • Then, they calculate engagement for each post created on tsu. If your original content was responsible for 5% of all engagement on tsu, you should get 2.5% from the pool money (the other 2.5% goes upwards in the 'Family Tree'). 
  • In this example, you should get $250 and your recruiters will share $250 upwards using the rule of infinite thirds.

Please note that I am not 100% confident/sure about their algorithm but this is what I have observed from some of Sebastian's statements, etc. 

If you want to connect with me, use WowApp.

I think the algorithm works like this:

• Every day, tsu puts all the advertising money into a pool - let's say, there is a pool of $10.000 today after tsu's 10% commision.

Then, they calculate engagement for each post created on tsu. If your original content was responsible for 5% of all engagement on tsu, you should get 2.5% from the pool money (the other 2.5% goes upwards in the 'Family Tree'). 

In this example, you should get $250 and your recruiters will share $250 upwards using the rule of infinite thirds.

Please note that I am not 100% confident/sure about their algorithm but this is what I have observed from some of Sebastian's statements, etc. 

We are not told that in the FAQ. So honestly, I have no idea. 

I assume it's mostly based on views, but I'm not clear on when a view gets counted on the web or in the app. If you are scrolling through the feed do they all get a view? It would be good to know, but I wonder if they want to keep some secrets to prevent people gaming the system

I'm mainly on Steemit. Check out WowApp for messaging that pays.

What difference are people seeing since the change to shares. Previously we would get views for sharing a post, but now it all goes back to the original poster. That's good for those creating original content, if they generally get shared, but not so good for some of us who have less people seeing our posts. 

My income has halved over the last month due to this change and the generally falling view count. With over 1000 followers I get 20-30 views on a post. A few do get shared. A recent one has 5 shares and well over 100 views now, but that is a rarity. I suspect that only a few of my followers see my posts plus a few more via hashtags.

Some, like @BWDaugherty are benefiting nicely from the new algorithm, but has a fairly big following. 

http://www.tsu.co/BWDaugherty/54217357

@Authicle has been writing posts about some viral posts that are getting hundreds of shares for no obvious reason. Is this just due to ignorance of the algorithm or is someone managing to game Tsu?

http://www.tsu.co/Authicle/53987771

In the long term Tsu needs to achieve better growth and retain more of those who join up. Then those of us who got in early should benefit more, but this will take some special publicity to happen. New features (groups coming soon?) will help, but people still have to find out about the site.

I think e-mails working would benefit Tsu tremendously. It would remind people that tried Tsu one time and left to return. Everyone knows that the money is in an e-mail list. This is why Amazon and eBay will e-mail their members once a day. Tsu defiantly needs to find a way to pay it's members more if this site is to succeed.

Hi All,

At what time of every day the credit of revenue into the wallet happpens?

Regards

Libin

Hi Libin,

welcome to the forums. I see my tsu bank updated around 10:00 AM (CET time), so just convert this time to your timezone. I don't know if this time is the same for all members as I know there is slight difference between my personal account and my charity account.

If you want to connect with me, use WowApp.

I tend to get it around 7:30 GMT. I think there is some sort of batch process they run every night and it may vary a little in how long it takes to run. As Tsu grows they will have to add more processing power to keep it to a reasonable time.