Tsuforum - Be Independent Online

Tsu offline for Maintenance

I don't expect a petition will do any good. They lost their funding and so the business collapsed. The only hope would be for a new investor to come in, but it may already be too late for that.

You can now download your posts and pictures. There's a zip file for each month. Posts are in xml and json format, but I can't really do much with them. I have most of the pictures anyway. You don't get comments or messages from what I can see. I expect they had to provide this service as part of their terms.

What's more important is that people get paid anything they are owed. I expect that those with over $100 will get the money, but anything else is lost. Some people would like to be able to donate it to charity, but that may not happen. They also need to pay out prizes for the competition.

It's a sad end for a cool site. They had big ideas, but didn't manage to create the community they envisioned. I think the main failure was to not get across to people that recruiting was beneficial. When you joined up it was not obvious what to do. They were not advertising as they expected users to recruit. That didn't happen and so it didn't grow as much as they needed. Plus most of those who joined did not stay. So they did manage 5 million users, but perhaps only 1% were active. That's just not enough to make money, especially when the company only gets 10% of the advertising revenue.

the reason for people were inactive in tsu was, they realised after the join that it is not profitable as per they expected and its only good for those who have enough network and children. if all the users had paid about 90 % directly most of them had been show interest to sticked with tsu, but unfortunately that revenue sharing system was only favourable to network giants. so newly joined people are distracted from tsu. if anyone will start a new platform like this please keep this faulty revenue sharing method in mind. only honour network giants with reputation scores and some sort of good privileges. 

3 hours ago, James Paul said:

the reason for people were inactive in tsu was, they realised after the join that it is not profitable as per they expected and its only good for those who have enough network and children. if all the users had paid about 90 % directly most of them had been show interest to sticked with tsu, but unfortunately that revenue sharing system was only favourable to network giants. so newly joined people are distracted from tsu. if anyone will start a new platform like this please keep this faulty revenue sharing method in mind. only honour network giants with reputation scores and some sort of good privileges. 

I think the model was fair. If you worked at building a network then you got paid. Of course people in the music industry or other big names had a better chance, but I know others tried their best. There's no reason for them to pay you if they get no benefit, that's business. I'm no star, but I could make a few dollars with some effort. I had 1300 in my network (partly via this forum), but very few were active. If they had been I would have made a lot more. I did my best to encourage them.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:45 AM, shiyali said:

High minimum payout and no paypal discouraged user activity. If they had set the minimum at 20.-U$ and offered paypal it would have encouraged lots more user activity. New sites cannot start out with 100.- payout minimum. 

Tsu did Paypal, at least for those outside the US. They could have offered lower payouts, but they never really automated things, so it was a lot of work for them. I think they made a few mistakes that cost them in the end.

3 hours ago, asifraza80 said:

I never seen that stupid social networking site before which updates takes more than weeks or may be months....... such an annoying thing to be happened for users..... I and all others tsu users wants to know what is all about and why they always need to shut it down for that long??????:diablo:

Don't expect Tsu to come back. Read the message on the site. The company has failed and so the site will probably go completely soon. You can download your data, but you'll only get your money if you had more than $100.