Tsuforum - Be Independent Online
Sign in to follow this  
Sirshylock

Google images don't get paid?

1 hour ago, Sirshylock said:

Is that true all images that we search in google and post in TSU don't get paíd?

if you don't have permission from the owner to commercialy use the image, then yes - you don't get paid. People can't earn royalties from work of someone else. Posting Google images can cause you a ban... You have to be sure that images you post are copyright free and are free for commercial use. Basically, the best you can do is to use your own pictures.

If you want to connect with me, use WowApp.

8 hours ago, Sirshylock said:

Good to know i'll try pixabay then..

Hey, dont try pixabay and really use your original content ;) No need to post only photos, you can write text, ideas, whatever. Pixabay is free, yes, but it s borring like google pix :)

Pixabay can be handy if you need a pic to illustrate a post. They are are licenced for re-use. If I use one then I say where I got it from.

The whole 'Google images' thing makes me smile. They are not Google's. It's just a term for random images found on-line and they will sometimes be from a Google search. 

It is possible to use Google to search for an image that someone posted to find out where it came from. I think Tsu intended to automate this to check for copyright infringements. I'm not sure if they actually do this yet. 

Safest thing is to use your own images. I mainly do text posts, but images do get attention.

I'm mainly on Steemit. Check out WowApp for messaging that pays.

47 minutes ago, Sirshylock said:

Thank you Steevc i sincerely doubt Tsu has the power to identify all the information for copyright infringment that is posted in thier site.

I'm sure they don't, but a lot of it is fairly obvious. A quick look at some profiles would be enough for them to confirm that person should not be paid. If they can automate this then they will save some effort. As more people earn enough to get paid this will be needed.

28 minutes ago, Sirshylock said:

Thank you Steevc i sincerely doubt Tsu has the power to identify all the information for copyright infringment that is posted in thier site.

that's something they are working on since the beginning. I don't know how YouTube works but if you upload a video with copyrighted music, they will delete your video and you definitely don't get paid for such a video. I guess tsu has several systems and levels detecting copyright infrigment. I have read in some official statement that royalties are not credited to your account immediately but some of them can be credited few days later than you posted your post. That means they have to check these posts against some database or so. They also don't pay users who achieve $100 in their account and who posted copyrighted photos - another level. They definitely mark pictures taken with the tsu app - if you create a gif or take a picture directly from the app, tsu is 100% sure it is original content and they value such a content.

I have seen a system where you upload a picture and it finds its source on internet (if there is any). There are automated anti-plagiarism systems checking if some text is original or copied from somewhere on the internet. 

There are really smart people in tsu team and I guess they are aware how important it is to keep the community as original as possible. You can also report users or individual posts on tsu. And if you combine all of these little techniques together and add something more, there is really good chance that tsu will sort vast majortiy of copyright infrigment issues in the future. 

If you want to connect with me, use WowApp.

16 hours ago, Sirshylock said:

I see that many people post images they find in google, because i have seen them elsewhere.

Yes. I don't know what they expect to get from this. It's a desperate attempt to get more views. It's down to people not understanding what Tsu is about. They need to make more effort to explain that. The language barrier is a part of this.

18 hours ago, Sirshylock said:

Please see this Image. Can I post this giving proper courtesy?. The site allow us to do so. 

Also can't we post google images with mentioning the URL.?

If an image explicitly says you can use it then of course it should be okay. It may require that you give credit to whoever made it. You can do Google image search to find images that allow re-use. It's all about the licence.

You can generally post an image by just posting the link and Tsu will pull in the image. There are cases where that does not work. I think you should try to ensure that people can get to the original so that they can see who originated it. The biggest problem, as I see it, is that people just upload some image they found as if it was theirs. That is dishonest. Artists and photographers deserve to at least get credit and would prefer to earn from their own images. To see other people earning from them cannot be nice.

As always, you should consult the Tsu terms and check with support if you are unclear on what is allowed. We can only go by what we have worked out and that may be wrong.